Monday, June 2, 2014

The Reason

As with every blog, I thought it was important to start with an introduction but it shouldn't be just any introduction.  If you want to know more about me as a person, you can start by reading in the about me section or you can go to my personal blog at http://sirenavanschaik.blogspot.ca/.

Why do you need two blogs?

The main reason is that both blogs serve a purpose.  Sirena Van Schaik is my personal blog that goes over thoughts about being a writer and whatever else pops into this strange place I call my mind.  This blog is about finding myself and that is the main reason for calling it that.

Finding Me.

Finding that part of me that has gotten lost somewhere between the me of 18 and the me of 37.  Finding that road that I want to walk down and finding a way to stay on it.  Being able to look in the mirror and really see who has been standing there all along.

I used to think about so many different things and have conversations about many of these topics but I have resigned myself to the safe topics.  Kids, dogs, weather and the things that don't matter.

In my aversion of the more pressing topics, I have found that I feel lost.  I am no longer Sirena, I am mom, wife, dog owner, maid service and chef.  I wear many hats and while they all fit, I have forgotten the most important hat and that is my own.  I am an individual but many mothers forget that all important hat that will not only make them happier but will also make their children healthier.

So this is what this blog is all about, the journey to finding myself in amongst the day to day moments.  It is a journey that will have some soul searching as to where I am going in my writing career.  A journey through my own desires as both a parent and a wife.  A journey to find the woman that often gets overlooked and rarely, if ever, pampered by me.  This journey will be a weight loss journey and a journey to find better health for myself and for my family.

Please enjoy this blog and if you have your own journey that you want to share, feel free to contact me or leave a few comments below.  I look forward to sharing this part of me with you and in doing so, look forward to finding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment