Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wednesday Weigh In: Week Two

Here we are again. It is Wednesday and this morning I hopped on the scale to find out if I had gone down again this week.  I always weigh myself in the morning as soon as I get up and before I eat or drink anything.  I also try to do it at the same time each week so I can get an accurate view of how my weight is going down or up.

This week was a bad week for me in regards to what I was eating.  People were over so we made cheap, easy meals. You know, things like hamburgers and hot dogs.  Chips for snacks and so on.  Still, even with all that junk food, I did manage not to eat a lot and I did see a loss.  This week it is back on the no junk food diet to make up for last week.

One thing that I want to mention is that I am not actually dieting. I have cut out foods that are unhealthy, outside of a few things, and I have limited my snacking to fruits and vegetables.  Meals have more vegetables and less processed foods.  The reason why I am not dieting is because diets do not work.  Sure, you can lose weight but it always comes back the minute you stop dieting.  This time around, I am changing my lifestyle and eating habits.  Change that will have a lasting effect on my overall health, not just a short term one.

And with that, we should get down to the numbers.  This week, I lost .66 pounds.  Not quite a pound but still a loss.  So my official weight today is 230.34.  I am a bit disappointed as I wanted to be in the 220's this week but I will just reach it next week. I keep reminding myself that a slow and steady weight loss is better and I will be more likely to keep the weight off this way.

In addition to weighing myself, I also did my measurements.  I lost a total of 9.2 inches overall in the last week.  I even managed to lose on one of my difficult areas, my hips.  I have PCOS which makes it difficult to lose weight on the abdominal area.  It was only an inch but I was so happy to see that loss.  The other area that I was happy to see a loss in was my chest.  I am very top heavy.  I won't give you exact cup size but let's just say that I left H cup...and I...and...and... behind a long time ago.  So seeing a loss there has been a pleasant surprise.

So while I was not happy with the number on the scale, I was very happy with the measurements and the inches lost.  Feel free to share your own weight loss numbers in the comments and have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment